If you're looking to reconnect with friends from the past, find new people that share your interests, or even track down a less-than-wanted acquaintance on Facebook — we're here to help! Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study, and live around them. Users can post status updates, share photos and videos, use various apps and connect with businesses. Facebook allows people using iPhone, iPad, or Android devices to access the internet social network anytime, anywhere — no computer required! In this blog, we will be taking you through the below-mentioned topics:
- Why Should You Find Someone on Facebook?
- Facebook Search by Name and Location
- How to Find People On Facebook?
Why Should You Find Someone on Facebook?
The benefits of finding someone on Facebook can seem pretty obvious, but the more you think about it, the more reasons you start to realize why this is such a beneficial and necessary action for anyone who is looking for friends or family members.
It Takes Less Time- Sure, you have to sign up and wait, but that's not even the longest part. You have to swipe right on someone, just like you do on Tinder. Therefore, if you're looking for new friends or family members using Facebook, it's better for everyone involved to choose this route.
It's Convenient- While this one may not make sense to you right away, think about the fact that you won't have to drive around town looking for them. They're on Facebook, so it's going to be a lot easier when you realize that it's hard enough just trying to find someone on Facebook.
It Gets Results Faster-On Facebook, swipe right or left and get the information that you need immediately. If you use other sites, that means that you will have to wait for the search results.
You're More Likely to Find Someone- As long as you know who you're looking for, then you'll be more likely to find them. This is a given, but you'll also be able to see all of their public photos and information about their past. You can sift through this information before you decide to talk to the person or not.
You Can Tell What They Want and Need Right Away- Although this may not be a massive deal for you, it's something that you will be able to avoid. When someone is on Facebook, it means that they want to be discovered.
Facebook Search by Name and Location
You can find the search feature in the left-hand corner of any page on Facebook. By default, Facebook will automatically search for your friends by name and location. If the person is not private, then the name and location will be publicly searchable. Steps to use the search feature is listed down:
- Open Facebook and navigate to the left-hand side of the "More" menu. Click on "Settings."
- Scroll to the bottom of the right-hand menu. Under General, click on "Search."
- A search box will pop up. Type a word used in conjunction with your friends' names, like "Glenn" or "Ozzy," for example. Once something is typed into the search bar, it will automatically add your location to find results based on site. (If there are no results, the word alone does not have enough information to search).
- Click "Create Search." Once Facebook has finished searching and lists your friends by name and location, you can delete it.
Alternatively, another website that we can use to find someone with a name and location is PeopleFinderFree. It is a website that allows you to find people by email, and no one else could know what you are doing. It gives the option of finding someone through their PeopleFinderFree search, Facebook, and Twitter.
PeopleFinderFree is an excellent website for anonymous people to search for someone .
PeopleFinderFree has excellent reception, and people love it. It's beneficial that no one knows your search or who you are looking for. People leave anonymous comments, so it's fun trying to figure out who it is! Steps to find some on PeopleFinderFree are as follows:
- You go to PeopleFinderFree and type in the name of the person you want to see.
- It will show all email addresses that match that person's name.
- You can choose which email address you want to search through. Just use "Accept."
- Click on the email address, and it will take you to the Facebook search, Twitter search, or google search page.
- Once you go to the appropriate page, you will submit a contact form.
If you are concerned about privacy, there is nothing to worry about because all that information is entirely anonymous. Anyone can view your searches and even leave an anonymous comment. The only thing that will tie you to the person is that they will find out whether or not they have been looked up.
There are no limits to searching, unlike other people, who only search for one person.
You can go to a few more levels to find the people you want. PeopleFinderFree also has groups. The groups show all information of other members there, and there are even some groups where everyone searches for the same person.
You can download this app to your phone, and it works just as much as the website. The only difference is that it has whistles and bells, which is fun.
How to Find People On Facebook?
Whether you're trying to find your old college roommate or a long-lost family member, Facebook makes it easy to explore the lives of other people. Here are six ways to use the social media site in your search.
- Search for a Friend - If you know someone's full name, such as "Tony Smith," this will help you look through profiles. Plus, if you have mutual friends with Tony, it'll be even easier to find his profile.
- Use an Email Address - If you know someone's email address, like "[email protected]," this will also help you find a profile on Facebook. You can then search for his full name and see him as more manageable.
- Search for an Ex or Classmate - If you used to date someone in college and want to see how they ended up, search for their full name on Facebook.
- Use the Graph Search - Facebook's Graph Search function, which was introduced to users in late 2013, can help you find people on Facebook by defining a search based on patterns like "People in Austin who like sports and live near me."
- Look for Nicknames - If you have an old friend named "Susan" but don't know her last name or where she lives, search for her nickname. Maybe she goes by Sue or Susie.
- Try an Acronym Search - If you don't know the exact spelling of a nickname or are unsure how a name might be pronounced, try searching for it in all lower case letters with dashes separating the words. For example, try searching for "su-zie" or "whit-com."
When Facebook was launched many people were willing to learn about how to find people on Facebook, how to find hidden profiles on Facebook and how you can get Facebook likes. So gradually they came to know about all the tricks and hacks of Facebook. There are many ways to access your social network and Facebook is one of the most popular social networks, along with Twitter and Google+. A lot of people really want or need to know how to find anyone on Facebook. This post has enough to let you get in touch with anyone, anywhere.
The search might include multiple steps, but it is fun to look up ‘your’ people’s details, display pictures, and miniature-view of their lives. Create your network by searching people on Facebook.